onsdag 19 maj 2010

Step seven

Been a while now since I posted. (and a while since I wrote in english it seems). What has happened since last time then?

I've been working with my internship and I feel i've grown as a person and as a worker. I feel I'm contributing and that what I do is important.

It sounds like a disney moment here, but it is true. Every day I encounter problems and instead of running and asking my boss what i should do, I just do it. at the end of the day I just mail him and tell him of the choises I've made, giving him a chance to object or concur. So far he's concuring which in turn assures me of my skills. sweet!

I've also improved my skills at working on my own, which is awsome! Getting a sense of purpose and routines during the day helps you to keep other routines as well. I sleep better, andmy hernia isnt acting up as often as before at all.

I've started to allow myself to dream about having the funds to travel. Both Italy and Scotland are on the list, and there's also some gadget investments that need to be done (new laptop, new mobile phone to combine with my laptop, new guitar).

Yes, the guitar is important. It's one of two things I do when I'm all fried out solving complex problems. i just pick up my guitar and shut of that half of the brain, and start up the other. an hour or two later and I'm all recharged for that extra fortyfive minutes.

It's funny how you get less and less to write about when you have stuf to do. Maybe it is because it's easier to complain about your misery instead of praising your successes. It's very swedish not to complain or praise yourself. That's what makes it hard for anyone to start a company and try and believe in an idea. As soon as you start telling people about it you'll get showered in "you'll never make it" and alot "you're gonna go bankrupt". Behind you they're talking about you as someone who thinks he's better than everyone else who don't have their own company.

Newsflash: No one can ever be better than the other, but we are all unique so we can't be equal either. some lead, others follow (5% lead naturally, another 10% can be taught to lead, 85% are working sheep).

Realising your own position is your first step. Self knowledge leads to a better overview of the steps you need to take to meet the future.

I see myself as part sheep, part "possible to teach to lead". we'll see. Right now it's not important. There's just haul ass, and kick it!

until next time, Mr Imaginary reader.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar